A Little R & R
“A Little R & R” is an unique program aimed at providing a day out for children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. It provides “Recreation for Children and Rest for Parents”. Children affected by FASD, aged 4 through 16, are eligible for “A Little R & R”.
The Day Camp includes:
- A low child to staff service ratio of approximately 3:1
- Experienced and knowledgeable employees who provide a fun and safe environment
- Fun activities for children grouped according to developmental age and skill levels
- Theme days, physical activity, crafts, indoor/outdoor activities, games, social gatherings
- Structure and routine, body breaks, positive reinforcement, social stories
This Day Camp is offered in Three Hills. The program is available one Saturday per month from 10 am – 4 pm. Check back to see when the next “A Little R & R” program is being offered.
The “A Little R & R” program was profiled in the Winter 2007 issue of “Taking Action”, a publication produced by the provincial government to raise awareness of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.